Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
A Troubled Mind
Lens: Super Takumar 50mm f:1/4 Camera: Spotmatic Photo Location: Hong Kong 
Posted By: Dewman, 07-17-2018, 09:52 PM

I took this photo well over half a century ago, while we were on R&R in Hong Kong during the Vietnam War. It's nothing to write home about, but every time I look at it, it makes me wonder what was happening in her life that was troubling her so.

Here I am, most of my life behind me and I'm still thinking of her. Life is full of strange yet interesting things that happen along the way.

Attached Images

Views: 658
07-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GEEEEEZZZZZ!! What an awesome photograph. You truly captured a person in a natural state of deep disappointment and concern. I am guessing you used Kodak ASA 100 or 200 Gold. Wonderful colors and sharpness. Well done, sir.

TT
07-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I took this photo well over half a century ago, while we were on R&R in Hong Kong during the Vietnam War. It's nothing to write home about, but every time I look at it, it makes me wonder what was happening in her life that was troubling her so.

Here I am, most of my life behind me and I'm still thinking of her. Life is full of strange yet interesting things that happen along the way.
This is what I call 'street like' photography - not on a street, but capturing a scene that depends on candid non-posing, that the person/people act as they would if the camera were not present - and you have captured this emotion very well
07-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First class, my friend. You made a wonderfully poignant photograph.

Jer

07-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the kind words.
07-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #6

The toys behind her, showing a deeper contrast between her disappointment and what we are, only toys in a big sandlot.
beautiful capture both ways: you capture the picture and the picture catch you.
Thanks for showing
07-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Great photo Dewman!

05-06-2021, 09:06 PM   #8
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote

great expression and story telling ! love the colours too well done