Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Panic
Lens: DA 21 Camera: K70 Photo Location: The Shed ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/50s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: PenPusher, 07-19-2018, 06:20 AM

For those of you who don't know you've only got about 20mins to apply the glue, assemble it, clamp it, drive wedges and check for square before the glue starts setting, the whole shebang is balanced, somewhat precariously, on my diy modified genuine supermarket tablesaw and there's just about a foot and a half clearance on one side.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 326
07-19-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
For those of you who don't know you've only got about 20mins to apply the glue, assemble it, clamp it, drive wedges and check for square before the glue starts setting, the whole shebang is balanced, somewhat precariously, on my diy modified genuine supermarket tablesaw and there's just about a foot and a half clearance on one side.
What is it?
07-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
My version of a Dutch Tool Chest
07-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is of course unfinished having been reassigned to "more important projects" by herself.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
07-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Brilliant, great photos and check the tools as well. Thank you and Shared. Cheers
07-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #6

WOW!! what a beautiful set of tools, my dream was to learn to work with wood and make projects like that, but being a little bit clumsy I should not "run with scissors"

great pictures.
07-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
Pentaxian

And something that fit just fine in the dry run now won't fit at all and oh my god that panel is buckling with too much clamping force where's my hammer.

Awesome wedged tenons. Is that a #62 low angle jack? A #7? Must be nice to have a tool box big enough for those.
07-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
And something that fit just fine in the dry run now won't fit at all and oh my god that panel is buckling with too much clamping force where's my hammer.

Awesome wedged tenons. Is that a #62 low angle jack? A #7? Must be nice to have a tool box big enough for those.
I see you've been there done that.

No it's not a 62 just a Chinese copy

Most of the tools you see have been handed down through the family, my first job, aged 7, was to turn the bellows wheel in my cousin's workshop where they were heating the steel hoops for the rims of wooden cart wheels, I got the job as it kept me as far away as possible from the forge.