Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What the Duck Photo Contest, Duck Wearing Camera Entry
Posted By: azn_hotmale, 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM

For those that do not know the joys of Aaron Johnson's masterwork, What the Duck, it is an amazingly funny comic strip that explores that life of a professional photographer. He is having a contest on his site, with the theme of Duck Wearing Camera.

I struggled a bit with the theme, then realized that wrapping a camera body and strap around a duck's midsection would look like a loin cloth. I titled them Pentax Loincloth for Ducks 1 and Pentax Loincloth for Ducks 2

For those that care about such things, they were shot on a K20D with a 50mm F1.4 set to F4. I used my Sigma 500 flash to provide lighting.

These are for fun only and are for the photo contest entry.

Here are the images.

Attached Images

Views: 3,418
09-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #2

I saw your pictures and quacked up!!
09-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been aching to participate in this for a long time; but I don't have a duck!
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I've been aching to participate in this for a long time; but I don't have a duck!

Just Duck yourself.

09-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
One of the things that gets me about this photo contest are the people that show of the gear. The point of the photo contest is the theme, "Duck Wearing Camera". I have to say that many of the photos posted are not about a "Duck Wearing a Camera", but rather the gear that they have. Look at what apears to be 2 different shots of what appears to be a 70 - 200 Canon L lens.

In my view, some of the pictures in this contest are not true to the theme, but that can be just me trying to thin out the competition a bit.
09-17-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by azn_hotmale Quote
In my view, some of the pictures in this contest are not true to the theme, but that can be just me trying to thin out the competition a bit.
It could work. Then again, it might not. The author left the theme deliberately abstract; to squeeze the creativity out of his readers.