Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The Band Played on...
Lens: Pansonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Camera: Pansonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Photo Location: National Whitewater Center ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/15s Aperture: F2.2 
Posted By: UncleVanya, 07-20-2018, 01:14 PM

Some shots taken at a concert at the National Whitewater Center in Charlotte NC last night. Shot with a small sensor Panasonic LX-7 (similar sensor to the Q7 but with an integrated Leica zoom from f/1.4 - f/2.3 covering the same angle of view as a full frame 24mm-90mm.

180 degree Panoramic (panned) shot:

Views: 617
07-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for bringing us with you to the concert.
07-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Thank you for bringing us with you to the concert.
We can all thank the fiddle player's significant other. She invited my wife and I to join her there.
07-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
maw
Pentaxian

Hi UncleVanya,

It is a good example of an outdoor evening with a musical background, I particularly enjoy that of the gentleman who watches the smartphone (?),
and the panning, perhaps a slightly faster time or corresponding higher iso would have avoided in some shaky shots a little.

Very good...!!!

07-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi UncleVanya,

It is a good example of an outdoor evening with a musical background, I particularly enjoy that of the gentleman who watches the smartphone (?),
and the panning, perhaps a slightly faster time or corresponding higher iso would have avoided in some shaky shots a little.

Very good...!!!
The panning is a special mode - I'm not sure how to fully get it the way I want. It was just an experiment. I normally use it in brighter lighting. High ISO on that little thing is pretty rough. Noise starts to jump up. And that panning mode is jpg not raw. Some were made in the "steady shot" mode as another experiment. I takes a bunch of photos and you hope it works. LOL. My main shots were just handheld and if you look close the movement is the people on stage -- the drum kit for example is sharp but the people are blurred. This was intentional on some of the shots. I'll try to take a look back however.
07-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The panning is a special mode - I'm not sure how to fully get it the way I want. It was just an experiment.
Actually it's easier to do than explain it, make a sequence of images one of which must contain at least 1/3 ~ 1/5 of the next image. (A single unipod or a tripod is useful)
What should not be changed is, both the shutter speed and the aperture for the same ISO.Then with any program you can do step 2, i.e. stitching and blending.
07-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Actually it's easier to do than explain it, make a sequence of images one of which must contain at least 1/3 ~ 1/5 of the next image. (A single unipod or a tripod is useful)
What should not be changed is, both the shutter speed and the aperture for the same ISO.Then with any program you can do step 2, i.e. stitching and blending.
Yes I know how to do that. I am saying the pano in this case was done with an in camera mode.