Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Anonymous Shoe Shine Kid
Posted By: reh321, 07-21-2018, 08:41 AM

This started off in 1974 as a slide I took of a plaza when I was visiting Caracas, Venezuela, on business. When the slides came back from the processor, the plaza view seemed empty and boring to me, so I tossed the slide into my "decide later" box. Forty-plus years, going through that box as part of my "scan or trash" project, I realized that recropping the photo, making it vertically oriented instead of horizontally, would emphasize the {faceless} shoe-shine boy and his "important" customers that had been on the far left edge of the original slide

Attached Images

Views: 564
07-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems like you made a good choice in reorienting the shot. Reorienting? Is that even a word? The more I say it the sillier it sounds.
07-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bump.
07-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Seems like you made a good choice in reorienting the shot. Reorienting? Is that even a word? The more I say it the sillier it sounds.
Thank you for your comment. I think 'cropping" is the best word to describe what I did.