Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Datsun 240Z
Posted By: Racer X 69, 07-22-2018, 09:10 AM

An early Datsun 240Z ITS race car at the July 2018 ICSCC meet, Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.

Views: 1,149
07-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #16
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Isn't the 240z is worth more now than when it was new since they are so desirable for restoration and racing? Don't you have one or two around the house?
A "supposed" Bob Sharp 240Z race car sold last year for $77,000.

I say "supposed" because some of the pictures show what I feel is a later 78 or so 280Z chassis. Also the info about the history of the car indicate that it was created as a replica of an IMSA GTU race car by a previous owner, and originally painted in Dad's Rootbeer livery.

1973 Datsun 240Z Race Car for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $77,000 on November 1, 2017 (Lot #6,620) | Bring a Trailer

It is indeed a nicely built race car, but I doubt it is an original Bob Sharp race Z.