Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
A Novice
Posted By: Racer X 69, 07-22-2018, 09:17 AM

The IRDC hosted ICSCC meet, July 2018. A novice hustles his Porsche 914 Six, between turn 8 and turn 9 at the Pacific Raceways road course. This guy is a second generation Conference racer, his parents were among the group that founded the ICSCC in the 1950's.

Views: 1,080
08-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #16
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Very nice capture! brings back a lot of memories, use to have a 1972 914/4 it was a short time (mostly restoring - repairing it) but I enjoyed a lot.
Thanks for showing.
Thank you for the comment!

08-16-2018, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Thanks for the comments.

There are lots of road courses in the Southeast. The larger oval tracks have road courses integrated into the oval, on the infield, and some extend outside of the oval.

Charlotte and Daytona both have road courses.

There is also Road Atlanta, Northeast of Atlanta. A world class road course.

Alabama has Talladega, which also has a road course (although I doubt it sees much use), and there is Barber Motorsports Park just outside of Birmingham.

There are more, I'm just drawing a blank right now.

I meant near me and accessible from Patrick co. Va. Martinsville speedway is literally five minutes from my workplace and I've done service calls out around South Boston speedway, both ovals. Also worth noting and lesser known, Callaway in franklin co. - dominated by a pair of sign co. pintos for a decade until I lost track of ..the track. and several other smaller dirt tracks. All leftist. My dad was the infield nurse at Martinsville for a long time and the stories. (facepalm)
You left out Virginia international raceway. I hear it's nice but looks a bit like my commute(shrug). [We have good roads for spirited driving but I removed all that rambling.]

Also, woot classic Z! I miss my 70 mk4 mg midget from that era --that being the period when one of my friends had a 240z of equally ill function and repute..
We didn't race though. Just carved up old mountain back roads without death involved.

I do my crazy driving in gt6 with a t-500 simwheel these days. Cheaper on tires.