Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nelson-Atkins Museum...learning how to post
Posted By: irishinmo, 02-24-2007, 05:07 PM

I have decided to be brave enough to post some of my work. I shot these on a nice day in December. I am trying to get the hang of posting here.

These are shuttlecock sculptures on the lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City.

Any comments are welcome,
Will
Views: 1,781
02-25-2007, 03:58 AM   #2

Hey, first pic fooled me for few moments, I though that you've captured flying shuttlecock mid-air

Images are a bit dark for me, I myself would probably try to cheer them up a bit.
02-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It kinds of looks interesting. Either the building was a toy or shuttlecock as a large logo...

Great first post
02-25-2007, 05:58 AM   #4

Waving, hi neighbor. I'm old enough to remember when this was called the Nelson Art Gallery and I haven't been in a long time. So, personally I enjoyed the shots! Do you know if you can shoot inside the gallery?? Flash off, I would assume? Your photos inspired me - Road Trip!

02-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
aabram, they do appear darker here. I processed them for my printer. These sculptures are really kind of fun. Thanks for your comments.

roentarre, the lawn where the first pictures were taken is actually about two city blocks long. These are large sculptures and the building is huge.

izzy, most people still call it the Nelson Gallery. They have added a new, ugly building to the side of the original. It looks like an aluminum farm building, but is actually glass and glows at night.

I am not certain what the rules are inside the building. They stop everyone on the grounds with a good camera and ask if they are professional. I will try to find out.

The new building will hold the Hallmark Photography Collection once it is opened this spring. That would be worth a trip.

Will