Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Post Ike Marina Images . . .
Posted By: Sailor, 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM

. . . . . . but not from me; we're still evacuated to Austin.

However, below is a YouTube link to a post-Ike photo presentation of Watergate and Waterford Harbor marinas. Happily, for us, Waterford has come through quite well. The marina now even has power(!) - something we wish would return to our house.

Here is the link; you may (as I did) want to turn off the sound to avoid the new-age music background.

Jer

YouTube - Hurricane Ike in Watergate and Waterford Marina, Texas 2008
Views: 1,379
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sailor... We have a plant in Houston [Reichhold] and they still don't know how long they will be without power. I talked to a co-worker who went through the hurricane and for him it was the worse experiance he has ever had with a storm like this. Went on for hours. He just got his power on today but still no phone.... One big ass storm! JIMBO
09-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Sailor... We have a plant in Houston [Reichhold] and they still don't know how long they will be without power. I talked to a co-worker who went through the hurricane and for him it was the worse experiance he has ever had with a storm like this. Went on for hours. He just got his power on today but still no phone.... One big ass storm! JIMBO
We didn't stick around for this one; after spending a night through a tropical storm some years ago (which was bad enough), I knew I didn't want to be around when the real thing showed up - and Ike was certainly the real thing.

We're returning home today (although we still don't have power). I'll try to get some pictures of the area, although I don't know when I'll be able to post them. I also hope to drive up to the marina this weekend to check the boat and get some shots of how things are going there.

Jer