Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  
End of the 2018 moon eclipse
Posted By: Pete_XL, 07-28-2018, 02:04 AM

When the shadowed moon finally had risen above the neighbours ceiling the first rays of sunlight already reached it in the west.

Views: 657
08-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #16
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The bright lighting on the left adds a 3D effect to the eclipse. The range of color across the face of the moon takes it out of the ordinary eclipse shot. Very well captured. Thanks.

08-24-2018, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Fine shot
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
This... wow.
QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
Nice!
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
A great moon shot
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
The bright lighting on the left adds a 3D effect to the eclipse. The range of color across the face of the moon takes it out of the ordinary eclipse shot. Very well captured. Thanks.

Thanky guys! It was a great night for imaging expecially when the red Mars joined the scene. Experiences like this keep me addicted to that normally lonely hobby (this time my wife and a nice cool bottle of wine were company )
08-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #18
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pete_XL Quote
(this time my wife and a nice cool bottle of wine were company )
You lucky dog!!
08-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My wife would never come out with me. She's terrified of the dark. I'm fine when with someone, but I hate being alone even in my stinking back yard.

08-25-2018, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
My wife would never come out with me. She's terrified of the dark. I'm fine when with someone, but I hate being alone even in my stinking back yard.

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
You lucky dog!!

It is not selfimplementing. Same as in other real life situations it helps to catch the stars for her, fly her to the moon and back and keep her ALWAYS warm !

This time it was easy. I did not expect the clouds to go away so I stayed at home instead of driving into the wilderness (if you can call it so here in good old Germany). So when the time came and the clouds vanished we were sitting on the balcony in a warm summer night with that cooled bottle of wine under a scenic moon. That was the portion of romance that always helps

But to save her honor I must say that my wife accompanied me to many weird places at night (e. g. the vulcano Teide) and that she really is a tough and brave girl.
08-25-2018, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #21
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pete_XL Quote
But to save her honor I must say that my wife accompanied me to many weird places at night (e. g. the vulcano Teide) and that she really is a tough and brave girl.
An even luckier dog!!!
08-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's photos like these that make me want to pick up a dfa150-450. Fantastic.