Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Busy Place
Lens: Sigma 300mm f2.8 EX DG APO Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Pacific Raceways ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Racer X 69, 07-28-2018, 04:58 PM

BMW Pro3 race cars all lined up getting between round thrash, nut and bolt, clean, inspect, adjust.

Camaraderie in the paddock, fierce battle on the track.

Beer later.

Cheers, mate!
Views: 577
07-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
BMW Pro3 race cars all lined up getting between round thrash, nut and bolt, clean, inspect, adjust.
Camaraderie in the paddock, fierce battle on the track.
Beer later.
Cheers, mate!
You mean they work before the race? They don't just arrive at race time and say "I want trophy"?
07-28-2018, 06:49 PM   #3
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You mean they work before the race? They don't just arrive at race time and say "I want trophy"?
When I am making an active campaign to enter and win races I work on my car every day, for weeks on end. When I load it into the trailer to go racing, it is ready. I show up at the track, I register, set up the awning, unload the car and gear, get everything ready, submit the car and gear for tech inspection, and then wait.

A last minute check of everything in the morning before going out to practice, then after practice check everything over. Make any corrections required, fuel and weigh, eat lunch.

After lunch we qualify.

After qualifying I check everyting over again, then have a beer.

Sunday morning is one more qualifying session, then lunch and driver's meeting. Sunday afternoon is race time. Run my race(s), pack up, collect a trophy (I almost always come away with something), and go home. Unload Monday after work, and begin getting ready for the next meet.

This repeats all season long.

After the last race, I take a break, a few weeks, then take the car apart and get it ready for next spring.

And that is racing.