Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse, 2015
Lens: Tamron 500mm f/8 mirror Camera: K-5iis Photo Location: Madison, WI Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: fewayne, 07-29-2018, 01:42 PM

This was a 15-second exposure with the O-GPS1 in Astrotracer mode, which is about all you can get out of it at 500mm! Still, it's pretty impressive that Pentax lets you get this kind of thing with nothing more than your camera (if it's a K-3ii or newer) and a tripod. Yes, I get better astrophotos out of my thousand-dollar telescope and thousand-dollar German equatorial mount, but (1) that's $2K blown, and (2) that rig, with 12V battery, mount, counterweight, and tripod (2" diameter legs) weighs about 75 pounds. I can put the O-GPS1 in my pocket and hardly know it's there.

Views: 437
07-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very nice and impressive technology indeed!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
blood moon, camera, o-gps1, photo, tripod