Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Old Tree keeps watch
Lens: SMC DA 12-24 f/4 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Blue Ridge Parkway near Mt. Mitchell ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: UncleVanya, 07-30-2018, 12:23 PM

Nice old tree at an overlook with the mountains in the distance.

Views: 637
07-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very Nice! It looks like an old apple tree that was once cultivated. All the local orchards up here train and trim the apple trees to a similar shape, but don't let it get that tall of course!
07-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Very Nice! It looks like an old apple tree that was once cultivated. All the local orchards up here train and trim the apple trees to a similar shape, but don't let it get that tall of course!
I guess it could be? But this is right off the highway and isolated. There is a very steep drop off and this tree is exposed to a lot of wind and weather. Behind the camera is a cliff face caused by the construction of the road - so it is hard to know what the actual terrain here was in the past. This is above 3000' and below 6400' Not quite sure how high since I don't think this position was actually marked and I didn't break out the gps.
07-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I guess it could be? But this is right off the highway and isolated. There is a very steep drop off and this tree is exposed to a lot of wind and weather. Behind the camera is a cliff face caused by the construction of the road - so it is hard to know what the actual terrain here was in the past. This is above 3000' and below 6400' Not quite sure how high since I don't think this position was actually marked and I didn't break out the gps.
Could have been shaped like the Angry orchard trees by nature then! Great scenery in that area but you really still have to pay attention to driving or...…..

07-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That is a neat old tree with a beautiful mountain background!