Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Music In Sight: Brett Kissel & Lauren Mayell
Lens: Sigma 300 Camera: K3ii Photo Location: Lethbridge, Alberta Canada ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: gwd4YQL, 07-31-2018, 08:41 PM

I shoot concerts regularly at the Enmax Centre here. Lighting is all over the place, so different from one performance to another, and of course with levels up 'n down, and coloured in so many ways for different songs. This concert with Brett Kissel and Lauren Mayell was one of the best, for my taste in lighting that is. I tend to expose for darker tones, particularly for concerts. This time, I wanted to take the tones deeper, so on the Brett Kissel image, I used the HDR EFX from the Nik Collection (avail now, N/c from Google) and increased the blues, and allowed the background to pick up some of those tones. This created some interesting textures, and accented the backlighting in an interesting way. It give it a painterly look; it reminds me of cover artwork found an old Western adventure novella covers) Pentax 18-135 WR used on the image of Lauren, and a Tamron 75-300 for Brett (although Lightroom calls it a Sigma!) GR8! Performances ~gwd

Attached Images

Views: 748
08-01-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Both of these are nice
08-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You captured each performer very vividly.