Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Audley Wood Hotel - Kathrine
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Camera: Pentax K-3 II Photo Location: England ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: DonThomaso, 08-01-2018, 03:58 AM

From my last trip to southern England, stayed at the Audley Wood Hotel and this nice evening shot is from their garden. DA21 would not be the ideal portrait lens, I was surprised how pleasing the results with subject isolation and background blur were actually

Pentax K-3 II, SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited, 1/160 sec at f/3.2, ISO 100

Pentax K-3 II, SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited, 1/125 sec at f/4.0, ISO 100

More images with Kathrine can be seen on my flickr
Views: 1,067
08-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shots, I like the second one a lot... I'm not a fan of tilted horizons or tilted pictures in general unless there is a specific reason or emotion you want to transmit like: "Hey look, the world is going to hell and everything is fallin' but I'm just so happy" But I know there is a lot of people who like tilted stuff. Where i can't definetly stand out the tilting is in pictures of food... It drives me crazy!
08-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rubenr Quote
Nice shots, I like the second one a lot... I'm not a fan of tilted horizons or tilted pictures in general unless there is a specific reason or emotion you want to transmit like: "Hey look, the world is going to hell and everything is fallin' but I'm just so happy" But I know there is a lot of people who like tilted stuff. Where i can't definetly stand out the tilting is in pictures of food... It drives me crazy!
Hi Ruben - fair point, I think the tilt is generally adding to the "snapshot" or "action" feeling, but generally I will per default try to have a strait horizon - Pentax even has hardware support for this
08-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do not normally like highly saturated shots but in this case the processing makes the hotel in the background compliment your wife nicely.