Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bunny Rabbit
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K-30 
Posted By: reh321, 08-01-2018, 11:06 AM

Seventy years ago, my Grandmother purchased two stuffed rabbits for Easter - one for new-born me and one for my cousin, who was a few months older. Later, after his fur was rubbing away, my Mother reupholstered mine - which kind of lasted until he was put away with my other toys. When we moved fifteen years ago, my then-teenaged daughters rescued him from a box in the attic, and they made sure he has been on my bed ever since. Now he reminds me of the love of my Grandmother {who died in 1985} and my Mother {who died in March}

He is still attached to his feet, but he offers them now as a virtual "good luck" charm looking forward to the next, and final, Giveaway, with a wish that whoever does receive the K-1 will make good use of it.

Attached Images

Views: 613
08-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
He is lovely. I like these vintage toys. They don't, as they say, make them like that anymore.
08-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
He is lovely. I like these vintage toys. They don't, as they say, make them like that anymore.
Thank you for your comment - my daughters have shown by their actions that they basically agree with you.
08-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Seventy years ago, my Grandmother purchased two stuffed rabbits for Easter - one for new-born me and one for my cousin, who was a few months older. Later, after his fur was rubbing away, my Mother reupholstered mine - which kind of lasted until he was put away with my other toys. When we moved fifteen years ago, my then-teenaged daughters rescued him from a box in the attic, and they made sure he has been on my bed ever since. Now he reminds me of the love of my Grandmother {who died in 1985} and my Mother {who died in March}

He is still attached to his feet, but he offers them now as a virtual "good luck" charm looking forward to the next, and final, Giveaway, with a wish that whoever does receive the K-1 will make good use of it.
A bunny with lots of memories.

08-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
A bunny with lots of memories.
And yet I forgot him a few years until my daughter rescued him.
08-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That's a lovely story. and a nice photo. That's the kind of family heirloom you should pass down (story included).
08-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
That's a lovely story. and a nice photo. That's the kind of family heirloom you should pass down (story included).
Thank you for your comment.

As shown by my daughter's reaction when she found it packed away in the attic, she {at least} knows the story already. Our two daughters get along well, so I probably won't will it to one of them .... as long as they don't have a tug-of-war with it and separate it into pieces, that should be OK

08-31-2018, 10:04 AM   #8

fits perfectly with the backround. You manage to make a picture interesting even if the subject didn t have so much potential.
08-31-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madalina Quote
fits perfectly with the backround. You manage to make a picture interesting even if the subject didn t have so much potential.
Thank you for your comment.

I wanted to take that picture by natural light, so I put the rabbit in a chair near the glass doors that go out to the deck. That chair just happened to be the chair my mother's father lived in the last few months of his life, and she paid to reupholster when we asked for the chair; by pure luck, the material my wife chose for the chair does work well with the cloth my my mother chose several decades earlier when she reupholstered the rabbit.