Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Roadrunner
Lens: Smc Pentax-DA L 50-200mm f/4-5.6ED WR Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Payson, Arizona ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: PaysonAZTim, 08-01-2018, 08:14 PM

Roadrunner near Green Valley Park in Payson, Arizona

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 565
08-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice capture! I have seen them when I was in AZ for training but don't remember them hanging around for people to take pictures. Are they pretty skittish or do they ignore people when they are hunting for snakes?
08-02-2018, 01:20 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PaysonAZTim Quote
Roadrunner near Green Valley Park in Payson, Arizona
This one seems to be looking to run somewhere. Good image.
08-02-2018, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

roadrunners are ever present at several golf courses here in phx. they are like squirrels, only smarter. they wait for your golf cart to pull up, watch you walk away and then raid your food stash while you're putting. they've figure out how to pop open those take out containers better than many humans. whether its a hots dog, chips or a sandwich, it's all fair game. on a few occasions i swear the birds were mocking me after stealing my food. they just stood there, eyeing me, daring me to try and retrieve it.

so, no, they aren't skittish, they know they are faster and smarter than we are...lol

08-02-2018, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Nice roadrunner image. At Furnace Creek in Death Valley, the roadrunners come into camp looking for a handout.
08-02-2018, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot!
08-02-2018, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
Nice roadrunner image. At Furnace Creek in Death Valley, the roadrunners come into camp looking for a handout.
I'll bet the RR's will be in the shade today.

08-02-2018, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Very nice capture! I have seen them when I was in AZ for training but don't remember them hanging around for people to take pictures. Are they pretty skittish or do they ignore people when they are hunting for snakes?
I was in my car driving back from a listing when I saw this one in someone's yard. In this area, I think that you always have to have your camera ready - so often it seems like the first shot or two that I take, is the best shot.

I can't remember seeing a roadrunner in the wild here.

---------- Post added 08-02-18 at 12:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
roadrunners are ever present at several golf courses here in phx. they are like squirrels, only smarter. they wait for your golf cart to pull up, watch you walk away and then raid your food stash while you're putting. they've figure out how to pop open those take out containers better than many humans. whether its a hots dog, chips or a sandwich, it's all fair game. on a few occasions i swear the birds were mocking me after stealing my food. they just stood there, eyeing me, daring me to try and retrieve it.

so, no, they aren't skittish, they know they are faster and smarter than we are...lol
Very true and sure enough this was taken right across from a golf course as well.