Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cityscape under rain
Lens: K 50mm F1.4 Camera: K-S2 Photo Location: Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia 
Posted By: Gianclaudio, 08-05-2018, 06:21 PM

It has been raining yesterday and today over my place; plus it's national holiday tomorrow, so people went on leisure and streets are empty. I took my two manual lenses: K 50mm 1.4 and Samyang 85 1.4, and went out to take some shots of downtown.
In the end I used my Pentax 50mm mostly, as I'm so dissatisfied with the Samyang 85mm F1.4: it has lovely bokeh, has less glow and aberrations wide open compared to the old K, but after F2.0 the Pentax surpasses in everything but bokeh.

First two pictures developed in Rawtherapee using Fuji Neopan simulation, the other four are jpg straight from camera, with high contrast b&w filter. I kept my ISO high, to achieve the grainy look, on purpose.

Hope you like them.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 

Views: 228
08-05-2018, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like several of these. Good use of available conditions for photography.
08-05-2018, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
retired nerd
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I especially like the second one - it so captures what a rainy day is all about
08-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks folks, I really appreciate it!

08-06-2018, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

very nice set of photo.

and by the way, could you share your tips on how to deal with your non-wr equipments under rain? I guess the lenses you mentions are non WR lenses. I like to photography street during rain too, I use k3+100 wr most of the time when it rain, but infact I like 50mm for street more than 100mm. my 50 is not a WR lenses and I often hold back from using it when it rain.
08-07-2018, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the mood in these.
08-07-2018, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks again!

QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
very nice set of photo.

and by the way, could you share your tips on how to deal with your non-wr equipments under rain? I guess the lenses you mentions are non WR lenses. I like to photography street during rain too, I use k3+100 wr most of the time when it rain, but infact I like 50mm for street more than 100mm. my 50 is not a WR lenses and I often hold back from using it when it rain.
Well, it wasn't raining intensely so I took the chance (altough later I regret not taking my 20-40 ltd which is WR). I use a nice Manfrotto shoulder bag, which is water repellent and keep the camera in the bag most of the time. Also took vantage of building's eaves, to take shots and put my hand in the upper part of the lens barrel to cover it, will shooting.

Link to the bag: amazon.com : Manfrotto MB SSB-5BC BELLA V Shoulder Bag (Color: Champagne) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
I got it at just 15 us dollars, but still is a bargain at current price.