Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Do not exit
Lens: Panasonic 20/1.7 Camera: GM5 
Posted By: tonezime, 08-06-2018, 07:21 PM

I'm attacking my backlog of pictures from 2016, when I was trying to find a pocketable camera I could love. (Spoiler: the answer was always the GR, but repeated instances of dust on the sensor means it's not for me.)

This sign is at the exit of a parking lot near my house. Drivers regularly ignore it.

Views: 675
08-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it not have a "sensor clean" function? Periodically I see dust marks on photos taken with my K-30, but they are always gone on photos taken after I've turned the camera off and on {each on/off invokes "sensor clean"}
08-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Does it not have a "sensor clean" function?
No. In fact if you search the internet for "Ricoh GR sensor clean" you find a bunch of discussion about taking it apart to clean the sensor.

If there's ever a GR III (or whatever) without this problem, I will buy it and use it forever. The unpredictability of where and when dust would appear made the one I had too frustrating to use.