Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bug from garden
Posted By: reh321, 08-07-2018, 10:12 AM

I've spent the last hour weeding and then using our chopper to reduce the weeds to manageable size. As I started the later job, this little guy jumped out and started exploring our garage. Based both on his hind legs and his behavior, he must be some kind of "hopper"; after I ran in to our house to get my K-30, I had a terrible time focusing on him before he went elsewhere.

Attached Images

Views: 419
08-22-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should get a MILC, they take much better photos, and have excellent AF
08-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
You should get a MILC, they take much better photos, and have excellent AF
This is a rather shallow evaluation of the situation. I do have an MILC - a Pentax Q-7 - and I decided in the moment that it would have struggled in the amount of light I had. In this case, I had just a second or two to take the photo before it hopped again. The camera did focus correctly, but it focused on the dirt on the floor, and my DOF was insufficient to deal with that. The Q-7 might have had sufficient DOF, but its color depth is even less, and that was already a problem because there is so much difference between the dark garage and the light bug. When I get a KP, I'll have much higher ISO values to work with, but this interesting bug was here now.
08-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Obviously my brand of humor is not appreciated on this forum, so be it