Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Remember when Ricoh had the K1 contest?
Lens: 18-55mm kit Camera: K3II Photo Location: Kamloops ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: aitrus3, 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Remember when Pentax released the K1 and they announced an essay/photo combo contest to win one? This was taken back then when I decided I'd take part. I had just started bringing my daughter on some of my adventures as she loved to hold and play with my old K10D while I was taking pictures. She also loved it when we'd try selfies and we'd run to and from the camera to see the result. This still is one of her favourite locations to watch the sunset with me.
I didn't enter this image, I chose one where we were standing together holding the K10D with the Pentax logo on the strap visible. We didn't win, but I instilled in her the photo bug I think, as she loves coming out with me!

Views: 459
08-08-2018, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Another purely gorgeous shot.
08-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Photogoof,

It's an exposure fusion of 13 shots. I try and keep it as natural looking as I can these days and try to avoid the whole HDR effect.
08-08-2018, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aitrus3 Quote
Thanks Photogoof,

It's an exposure fusion of 13 shots. I try and keep it as natural looking as I can these days and try to avoid the whole HDR effect.
You succeeded.

It is a lovely photo.

08-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
thanks! One of my favourite viewpoints to go to and it's only 7 mins from home. Hard to frame though, there are two trees that poke up in the wrong spot. Only way to get over them is to stand on the top of a vehicle, which is what I was doing. My daughter thought it hilarious and laughed when I told her not to tell her mother.
08-27-2018, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Remember when Pentax released the K1 and they announced an essay/photo combo contest to win one? This was taken back then when I decided I'd take part. I had just started bringing my daughter on some of my adventures as she loved to hold and play with my old K10D while I was taking pictures. She also loved it when we'd try selfies and we'd run to and from the camera to see the result. This still is one of her favourite locations to watch the sunset with me.
I didn't enter this image, I chose one where we were standing together holding the K10D with the Pentax logo on the strap visible. We didn't win, but I instilled in her the photo bug I think, as she loves coming out with me!
Oh yes, I remember that contest very well. I eventually decided not to attempt, because part of the cost to me would be getting a FaceBook account, and for various reasons I wasn't very interested in doing that. I also was concerned that the K-1 wouldn't fit my style very well, and I wondered how many new lenses I would need. Now, with the GiveAway I have had to rethink that latter part of my thinking, and I find myself signed up already for the last "raffle" .... yes I do think I've got the lens issues dealt with.
08-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Very nice!