Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Stanley Field Hall
Posted By: reh321, 08-09-2018, 07:40 AM

This is the main hallway of Chicago's Field Museum as it looked from the balcony late in the day {you can see them setting up tables for some kind of special event} when my wife and I were there in April. The big blue circles on the floor are where they plan to place "Sue" the T-Rex, they said.

Attached Images

Views: 474
08-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #2

Sue's fate

reh321:

Per CBS, May 28 -

The Field Museum is getting a huge new house guest, who will be moving into SUE the T-Rex’s old room.Wednesday morning, crews began installing the new titanosaur skeleton cast of “Maximo,” the largest dinosaur ever unearthed.

SUE might pale in size compared to Maximo, but she won’t be forgotten. SUE is getting a new permanent exhibit – The Griffin Halls of Evolving Planet. [in 2019]
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
08-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by donarn Quote
reh321:

Per CBS, May 28 -

The Field Museum is getting a huge new house guest, who will be moving into SUE the T-Rex’s old room.Wednesday morning, crews began installing the new titanosaur skeleton cast of “Maximo,” the largest dinosaur ever unearthed.

SUE might pale in size compared to Maximo, but she won’t be forgotten. SUE is getting a new permanent exhibit – The Griffin Halls of Evolving Planet. [in 2019]
So, they spent all that money on Sue, and then put her in secondary location?
08-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, they spent all that money on Sue, and then put her in secondary location?
OK, so I misunderstood the "Where's Sue?" sign: I guess I read it too fast. Apparently Sue had been in this position for two years, but then they got access to a reconstruction of an even larger dinosaur and decided to move things around. The new view is here
donarn's posts - PentaxForums.com
and an article about the switch is here
Largest dinosaur ever, Sue?s replacement, starts to stand tall in Field Museum - Chicago Tribune