Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pattern
Posted By: roentarre, 09-18-2008, 02:01 AM

A little surprised when I spotted this. Quite a fun shot. The colour is a little off but I found the overall feeling rather different

Fa 43

Views: 2,863
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I am following Gary correctly, I think I like his idea for cropping to the base of the cups on the second tier as well, for the reason that it keeps the pencil tip shadow that is part of the yellow wall at the bottom right of the photo.. To me, it's that shadow that suggests the pencil idea in the first place...

I'm with Gary too.. This really is a special shot..

09-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I think you made a really nice capture here, I have been back to look at it more than once I like the way you balanced the different elements.
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #18
Pentaxian

ditto. Interesting picture. good suggestions.
09-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
If I am following Gary correctly, I think I like his idea for cropping to the base of the cups on the second tier as well, for the reason that it keeps the pencil tip shadow that is part of the yellow wall at the bottom right of the photo.. To me, it's that shadow that suggests the pencil idea in the first place...

I'm with Gary too.. This really is a special shot..
Thanks for taking so much time to critique. In some ways, it is probably true that people could interpret this shot differently. I found something unusual about it but it did not pop enough...

QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
I think you made a really nice capture here, I have been back to look at it more than once I like the way you balanced the different elements.
Thanks, I viewed your gallery in the website. You had some nice work in there. Happy that you liked it too.

QuoteOriginally posted by weatherwise2 Quote
ditto. Interesting picture. good suggestions.
Thanks for the feedback. It is all worth it now.