Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ave U, Brooklyn, NY
Posted By: reh321, 08-17-2018, 06:44 AM

This is the shopping street just a few blocks from where my wife was raised. Busy, loud, and {my daughters would tell you} smelly - but thousands of people do their business here. I took this photo some years ago, before I had wide angle. Today I would try to take the photo from the median, using UWA so I could get less street and more people, but I haven't been there in recent years.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
  Photo 

Views: 1,038
08-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice one! It's sort of a timeline of business in the area.
08-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Nice one! It's sort of a timeline of business in the area.
Thank you for your comment.

The first thing I noticed is how bright and colorful everything is - they are so crowded in there, but so anxious to get the attention of potential customers.
08-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Meanwhile, you have that old Baby Ruth sign on the side of one of the buildings.

08-17-2018, 03:42 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Meanwhile, you have that old Baby Ruth sign on the side of one of the buildings.
Thank you. I was so enamored with the "highly saturated" colors, I totally missed the badly faded stuff.
08-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is the shopping street just a few blocks from where my wife was raised. Busy, loud, and {my daughters would tell you} smelly - but thousands of people do their business here. I took this photo some years ago, before I had wide angle. Today I would try to take the photo from the median, using UWA so I could get less street and more people, but I haven't been there in recent years.
Interesting. When I first saw it I thought it was a scan of photo from the '60s or '70s. I like the colors and mood.
08-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for your comment.
This wasn't taken this week, but an area like this is too busy to change very fast.

10-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #8

Hi, I realize that this is an older thread, but I couldn't help but notice that the post title says "Ave U, Brooklyn, NY." However, the location of the photo actually posted appears to instead be Delancey Street in Manhattan. As someone who grew up near Avenue U in Brooklyn, I would certainly enjoy seeing a photo of that avenue as it appeared in the past — so, if the photo to which the thread title refers could possibly be re-posted, that would be great. Thanks.