Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Girl and Dolphin...take 2
Lens: 31mm Ltd Camera: K1 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F14 
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 08-17-2018, 09:47 AM

Hi everyone...I have missed PF...especially the camaraderie - Nikon users are just not the same

My processing skills have been updated since this image was last posted, so I thought I would share this oldie I took with my K1...hope you are all keeping well and keeping the faith with Pentax.

Kind regards

Peter
Girl and Dolphin
Views: 620
08-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did the sky really look like that, or were those radiating clouds added in PP? It adds quite a bit of drama to the picture.
08-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Ransom Quote
Did the sky really look like that, or were those radiating clouds added in PP? It adds quite a bit of drama to the picture.
Hi Mark....not added PP...they were really there...I was hoping for some stars but it was all a bit bright. I took this image after dropping into a certain camera shop in London to pick up a ND filter. This was my first attempt....well, maybe fifth as some tourists had the cheek to walk in front of my camera during capture (what is the world coming to?)

Peter
08-17-2018, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Amazing!

08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
Hi everyone...I have missed PF...especially the camaraderie - Nikon users are just not the same

My processing skills have been updated since this image was last posted, so I thought I would share this oldie I took with my K1...hope you are all keeping well and keeping the faith with Pentax.

Kind regards
This is a great rendition of this scene.
Did the tourists wandering into the scene create interesting effects?
08-17-2018, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A shot worth waiting for anyway. Very nice. I have been in London on holiday a couple of times in recent years and I found the tourists got in my way as well.
08-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm assuming the sky was created from the long exposure , you captured my attention with this image , had to stop for a closer look , well Done I love it

08-19-2018, 11:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is a great rendition of this scene.
Did the tourists wandering into the scene create interesting effects?
Well, sort of. If they had kept moving it would have been ok. But stopping for the selfie (with flash) just made it look like a dirt smudge

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
I'm assuming the sky was created from the long exposure , you captured my attention with this image , had to stop for a closer look , well Done I love it
Thanks

Yep, 4 stop ND did the trick.
08-20-2018, 12:47 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice shot Peter - this compulsion to take selfies everywhere thereby obscuring the view of whatever it is that you are standing in front of puzzles me, its always been the subject I was interested in, presenting a slide show with several hundred photos of yourself standing in front of unidentifiable objects must be terribly boring for the audience, I think I have only taken one selfie in my life and that was back in the late 1950's and that was because it was the only way I could record the elderly relative I was with at the time into her normal setting.
10-01-2019, 05:52 AM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote

Kind regards

Peter
Girl and Dolphin
That's a nice rendition. The cloud formations bring out the brilliance of the scene. Thanks for sharing.