Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
What a Difference Three Months Can Make
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Enfield, CT 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-18-2018, 04:11 PM

We just returned from a visit to Connecticut to see our daughter, son-in-law and NEW granddaughter. Here's a shot of both daughter Robin and granddaughter Piper, who is now 3+ months old. What a difference those three months have made; note the second photo below, which I took during our first visit to see Piper the first week of May.

Jer

Views: 581
08-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a happy little missy and I suppose that applies to both of them.
08-18-2018, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Here's a shot of both daughter Robin and granddaughter Piper,
Wonderful news Jer, congratulations to all. It could just be me, but I am picking up a VIBE from little Piper............." That is not a Pentax granddad !! "

Lovely images buddy.
08-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great images. It is always good to record each stage. They grow so fast but they are a lot of fun the whole way. And when they are older (like mine are) they start to regard their grandparents as their "partners in crime".

08-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Lovely shots.
08-19-2018, 04:03 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Great captures Jer!
08-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Great expressions, especially on the baby!

08-19-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Pentaxian

You're new granddaughter is a real cutie.

As it happens my wife and I also just returned from a trip to Alberta to visit with our daughter, her husband and our new grandson, who was born in late January 2018. We got in very late last night, we drove 1100 + kms ( 700 miles or so) on Saturday and boy was I tired. I'm at the age where I can still do most of the driving, but now at the end of a long day in the saddle, I know it.

I do wish this part of our family was closer, but it's great when we get the chance to visit. He is my first grandchild and it is wonderful to see the little fellow. I think even at his young age, he already recognizes the 'need' to humour his old grandpa and his eccentricities.
08-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a precious child and I am sure a real treasure to everyone. Thanks so much for such a heart rending series. Congratulations, friend.

TT
08-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Bright eyed little one! Nice shot, even with a Panny.
08-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
What a happy little missy and I suppose that applies to both of them.
Thanks much for looking, my friend! She is, indeed, a pretty happy baby.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Wonderful news Jer, congratulations to all. It could just be me, but I am picking up a VIBE from little Piper............." That is not a Pentax granddad !! "

Lovely images buddy.
Thanks, Peter. An yes, now that you mention it, I think there my be a note of reproof in those big eyes.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Great images. It is always good to record each stage. They grow so fast but they are a lot of fun the whole way. And when they are older (like mine are) they start to regard their grandparents as their "partners in crime".
Thanks! Grandkids are, for sure, a lot of fun. And I know what you mean; I've been a "partner in crime" with my 13-year-old granddaughter, Claire (Piper's cousin).

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Lovely shots.
I appreciate the nice words, Trev.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Great captures Jer!
Thank you, Janse.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Great expressions, especially on the baby!
Thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
You're new granddaughter is a real cutie.

As it happens my wife and I also just returned from a trip to Alberta to visit with our daughter, her husband and our new grandson, who was born in late January 2018. We got in very late last night, we drove 1100 + kms ( 700 miles or so) on Saturday and boy was I tired. I'm at the age where I can still do most of the driving, but now at the end of a long day in the saddle, I know it.

I do wish this part of our family was closer, but it's great when we get the chance to visit. He is my first grandchild and it is wonderful to see the little fellow. I think even at his young age, he already recognizes the 'need' to humour his old grandpa and his eccentricities.
Thanks, Les. Wow, 700 miles is quite a haul - we flew in from Connecticut, but we were still drained. Getting old.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
What a precious child and I am sure a real treasure to everyone. Thanks so much for such a heart rending series. Congratulations, friend.

TT
Thanks much, Tony.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Bright eyed little one! Nice shot, even with a Panny.
She is bright eyed, indeed, and - along with her Cousin Claire - my pride a joy.

Jer