Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Then and now - the drought
Posted By: PJ1, 08-19-2018, 02:56 AM

In 2015 I posted a pic of mist on one of my dams on a cold autumn morning. Today I looked at the same dam - dry - with the country in the grip of the worst drought in at least 100 years. Almost all of eastern Australia is affected. The two images - then and now - appear below. No further explanation needed.

At this time of the year the wattle is usually in full bloom. This year only one or two are struggling to flower and big batches of both wattle and eucalypts are dying. I have never seen this before. The lower pic shows the meagre display of the few wattles that have managed to flower. The brownish patches are the dead and dying shrubs and trees. Interestingly, the top image (full bloom) had a washed out, white sky. Drought (lower image) does bring brilliant blue skies. (Not happy with this image though. Not the best subject matter for the 02 but it illustrates the point.)

But every day is a day closer to rain. Or so they say.
Views: 1,095
08-26-2018, 10:52 PM   #16
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The forecast is for rain at the end of the week in South Aus
I hope it goes to you all as well

Dave