Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Tiger lily almost B&W
Posted By: Pentax Mainer, 08-19-2018, 02:13 PM

I am not usually big on posting many flower shots...unless it is an unusual one..but I do like to do what I call almost B&W...since i drop sat to almost but not quite 0...just enough to leave a hint of color. I should do more B&W as really to me the light always plays better....and blown out SAT colors are no longer an issue.
But anyway this was shot in natural light in my yard...just waiting for the sun to get at a good angle...or maybe it was just luck....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 557
08-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a cool idea, almost black and white. I am going to try that one. Beautiful tiger lilly. Why don't you post flower pics?
08-19-2018, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
What a cool idea, almost black and white. I am going to try that one. Beautiful tiger lilly. Why don't you post flower pics?
I am not sure why to be honest...I take a bunch as I have planted a bunch around the house including a large wildflower strip just for photography. Maybe just seems so common to me...you know..it looks good to me but then I think...yah but it is just another really good flower pic. Until I find a different perspective..kind of like this.
I appreciate the comment...yah I started a while back doing almost B&W as I liked it and it prints real well...kind of a slight suggestion to what was there without being total black and white. Although I do do...haha doodoo..anyway I do B&W too I kind of go by how it looks best to me..sometimes straight B&W is cool sometimes full color...you know...wasting 2 hours on one photo on post processing
08-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

Wow. I also like the angle that you used.

08-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #5

Wow, really nice flower. I like the pale tones.
08-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just right!
08-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Mainer Quote
I am not usually big on posting many flower shots...unless it is an unusual one..but I do like to do what I call almost B&W...since i drop sat to almost but not quite 0...just enough to leave a hint of color. I should do more B&W as really to me the light always plays better....and blown out SAT colors are no longer an issue.
But anyway this was shot in natural light in my yard...just waiting for the sun to get at a good angle...or maybe it was just luck....
Very nice. Love your processing!