Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A Tale of Two Cities
Lens: smc PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8AL Limited Camera: K-1 Photo Location: London ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: ffking, 08-20-2018, 12:38 AM

I've got nearly four and a half thousand pictures up of Flickr that seemed like a good idea at the time, but what I'm loving about posting here is saying"these are the ones I really like" - So I'm not trying to impress anybody, just saying "This is me".

The FA 31mm Ltd is my total go-to street lens, never more so than at night when it's fast aperture and widish field of view make composing with the OVF easy. Here.I really like the way Hungerford rail bridge separates the warm light of the little low-rise wooden stalls of the Christmas market from the rather eerie futuristic lights of the buildings and construction cranes beyond.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 401
08-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love this; the tall towers and the small kiosks.
08-20-2018, 06:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
I love this; the tall towers and the small kiosks.
Thanks - another thing to mention is that this increased my confidence in ISO6400 wit the K-1 - scenes like this work pretty well.
08-20-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I've got nearly four and a half thousand pictures up of Flickr that seemed like a good idea at the time, but what I'm loving about posting here is saying"these are the ones I really like" - So I'm not trying to impress anybody, just saying "This is me".

The FA 31mm Ltd is my total go-to street lens, never more so than at night when it's fast aperture and widish field of view make composing with the OVF easy. Here.I really like the way Hungerford rail bridge separates the warm light of the little low-rise wooden stalls of the Christmas market from the rather eerie futuristic lights of the buildings and construction cranes beyond.
Having Christmas stalls and cranes in the same photo does provide an interesting effect.

08-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Having Christmas stalls and cranes in the same photo does provide an interesting effect.
Thanks - I like contrasts in images - but as I say, I'm just posting what I like
08-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

great night shot!
08-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ignath Quote
great night shot!
Thank you. Big cities are endless sources of material at night as well as day - just don't get ther that often these days )
08-21-2018, 06:42 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Towering over the masses
like the wings of a megalithic sentinel,
the city dares the little people,
who look up and embrace it.

This is thought provoking and very colorful. I love night shots.

08-21-2018, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
Towering over the masses
like the wings of a megalithic sentinel,
the city dares the little people,
who look up and embrace it.

This is thought provoking and very colorful. I love night shots.
I like that, too
08-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful contrast in scale and color between the high and the low, with the bridge providing the perfect separator. Great shot. Thanks.
08-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Wonderful contrast in scale and color between the high and the low, with the bridge providing the perfect separator. Great shot. Thanks.
Thank YOU