Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
On the way to work today
Posted By: dbh, 09-19-2008, 07:29 AM

So many times lately I've found myself wishing I had my camera, any camera, handy. Not really all that easy to do with the DSLR, especially on the motorcycle.
So a few days ago I bought myself a P&S and this morning it paid off. I pulled over, reached into my jacket pocket, pulled out the G9 and snapped off this one real quick.

While the images will never stand up to those with the Pentax DSLR, sometimes just being ready for the moment makes up for it.
--
dbh - loving fall.
Views: 1,196
09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Very nice DBH, with the leaves turning and the gorgeous weather we've had this week that point and shoot will be real handy.
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Very nice DBH, with the leaves turning and the gorgeous weather we've had this week that point and shoot will be real handy.
Thanks Scott. You're right and it didn't take long either. At noon a bunch of us took a coworker into town for lunch to celebrate her birthday. We went to the Devon golf club and sat out on the balcony. Gorgeous. I looked up and a pair of bald eagles were circling overhead. Did you know these two inhabit the river valley around town?
Naturally I whipped out the pocket cam and happily snapped away at the fall foliage, the birthday girl, the bald eagle pair, etc.
Those eagles were pretty high up so even at maximum zoom there ain't a lot of detail but I was glad to have it at hand.
Here is the center crop of the picture I took from the golf course balcony:

Maybe you'll see them on a walk about some time.
--
dbh
09-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Nice catch Dbh, I've seen them on occasion but they are always just dots way up in the sky... darn it.

09-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Very moody scenery in deed! I like the purple in the image
09-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Nice catch Dbh, I've seen them on occasion but they are always just dots way up in the sky... darn it.
They were pretty close to just dots there too, but still got my attention. I like raptors. Saw a beautiful big white owl last fall perched on a pole outside of town. No camera handy.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Very moody scenery in deed! I like the purple in the image
That whole ride in was moody like that, even a little mist in a few places.
Noticed today those swaths have been picked up. Been a good harvest around here.
The photo was right out of the camera and not bad for colours as I recall them. I played with it since then and using a cloudy white balance makes it a touch more pink. Not sure how I'll leave it. That little thing can be set to shoot raw!

Thanks all for the comments.
--
dbh
« The Rose | Landing »