Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
lessons learned
Camera: K5 
Posted By: dwalker19, 08-22-2018, 09:34 PM

Not a great photo, I know, but shows two lessons learned on summer vacation - 1) always keep on eye on the weather, even on the beach it can turn quickly. This storm swept through in a big hurry and you can see my sister and niece just coming up the walkway, soaked! 2) I learned that my camera (k5) does not like going from the AC indoors, to the hot/humid outdoors too quickly! I did not realize this too quickly and have two days worth of images that look like this one, as if it was taken through wax paper. I kept furiously wiping the lens, until realizing that the layer of moisture was inside the lens, on the inner elements... not good. took it apart and let it dry and let the camera bag live on the deck the rest of the week (out of the sun and under a roof) which kept it acclimated to the humidity and the inner moisture build up did not come back. Sort of forget that humidity is even a thing, living in CO....
thanks for looking
DW19

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 656
08-23-2018, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try bumping up the contrast. I think it works; it would just be good to be able to see more of the foreground.
08-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Well, you learn from your mistakes.
08-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautifully dramatic sky. The power of nature.

08-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Wow that's moody!
08-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dwalker19 Quote
Not a great photo, I know, but shows two lessons learned on summer vacation - 1) always keep on eye on the weather, even on the beach it can turn quickly. This storm swept through in a big hurry and you can see my sister and niece just coming up the walkway, soaked! 2) I learned that my camera (k5) does not like going from the AC indoors, to the hot/humid outdoors too quickly! I did not realize this too quickly and have two days worth of images that look like this one, as if it was taken through wax paper. I kept furiously wiping the lens, until realizing that the layer of moisture was inside the lens, on the inner elements... not good. took it apart and let it dry and let the camera bag live on the deck the rest of the week (out of the sun and under a roof) which kept it acclimated to the humidity and the inner moisture build up did not come back. Sort of forget that humidity is even a thing, living in CO....
thanks for looking
DW19
The mood comes across. Nice!
08-31-2018, 06:01 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by dwalker19 Quote
thanks for looking
DW19
Wow, what an epic storm!

08-31-2018, 08:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks everyone. it was a crazy storm, wind-rain-hail-lightning...
« mirror | Aplaca »