Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
After the burn - new life
Lens: HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Poole Harbour, Dorset, UK ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: ffking, 08-25-2018, 02:49 AM

So far I've just been posting a few old favourites of mine which have stood the test of time (months or years) in my estimation - this is a new picture that I think I'm going to go on liking - partly because I knew what I wanted before returning to this site, which I'd seen on a camera-free walk (yes, it can be done), but I really struggled to get the composition that I'd pre-conceived. In the end this is nothing like it, but I like it more, as it feels less obvious. Also the post processing took a bit of work to recreate the visual sense of the freshness and brightness of the bracken against the scorched earth and gorse branches after the fire.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 779
08-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This speaks volumes.
08-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
This speaks volumes.
Good
08-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
So far I've just been posting a few old favourites of mine which have stood the test of time (months or years) in my estimation - this is a new picture that I think I'm going to go on liking - partly because I knew what I wanted before returning to this site, which I'd seen on a camera-free walk (yes, it can be done), but I really struggled to get the composition that I'd pre-conceived. In the end this is nothing like it, but I like it more, as it feels less obvious. Also the post processing took a bit of work to recreate the visual sense of the freshness and brightness of the bracken against the scorched earth and gorse branches after the fire.
A powerful message locked up in one image, excellent.

08-25-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think your image achieved your aims. It certainly has a sense of new life springing forth from the burnt earth.
08-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
A powerful message locked up in one image, excellent.
Thank you. I appreciate that.
08-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great exposure, the darks are properly dark, and the new growth looks bright and new.

08-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Interesting view of life springing up anew from the ashes of devastation
08-25-2018, 11:42 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Great exposure, the darks are properly dark, and the new growth looks bright and new.
Thank you - a I suggested, I struggled a bit to get that right in PP - sometimes getting an image the way you saw it is surprisingly difficult

---------- Post added 25-08-18 at 11:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SointulArt Quote
I think your image achieved your aims. It certainly has a sense of new life springing forth from the burnt earth.
Good. Thank you
08-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Interesting view of life springing up anew from the ashes of devastation
Thanks. Obviously all photography is a form of visual editing of the greater reality to say what y9u want to say, but that's certainly the feeling I had in situ, not just an attempt to impose my ideas on the scene.
08-31-2018, 05:52 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Mysterious, looks like life popping up out of darkness.
08-31-2018, 10:52 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WildPortraits Quote
Mysterious, looks like life popping up out of darkness.
Ans it did - which is why I took a litt;e extra time in LR trying to get that right Thank you!