Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wasp Macro
Posted By: GLThorne, 02-25-2007, 12:45 PM

Rain kept us in today, so I attempted to get a few shots of birds on the new cedar feeder we put up yesterday. The rain caused too much noise for my liken, so, not wanting to bed down the old girl (camera ) without at least a few decent shots, I found this wasp in some spiderwebs on our backporch. It was at the end of our porch and the wind was howling around the corner. This was built in flash with difuser on it.

What-cha think?

Views: 1,555
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice! lucky it wasn't a live one! (but maybe the flash will stun it long enough for you to get back safely inside.)
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh, it wasn't dead. Shooting dead things doesn't appeal to me. Photography, to me, is an excellent tool at capturing and displaying true life, in all things.
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #4

What lens were you using? The CA is very noticeable getting in that close.. at least in this shot. Although it doesn't detract *that* much..

02-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm having a rough morning - refresh me on what "CA" is again...

Tamron 70-300Di LD, in macro mode, mounted on Manfrotto monopod and being held above my head to get this close. After doing it, I should have just went back inside and got a step stool to get up there. Our porch has 9' ceiling height.
02-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by GLThorne Quote
I'm having a rough morning - refresh me on what "CA" is again...

Tamron 70-300Di LD, in macro mode, mounted on Manfrotto monopod and being held above my head to get this close. After doing it, I should have just went back inside and got a step stool to get up there. Our porch has 9' ceiling height.
Sorry.. Chromatic Abberation.. the purple fringing..