Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Street acrobatics
Posted By: roentarre, 09-20-2008, 12:12 AM

Off south bank of Melbourne, these fellows are the frequent guests.

I have photographed them so often that they remembered my name as James already. I had seen them changing costumes over the past 2 years...

He is from Queensland originally. Spent a bit of time in outback and done multiple jobs before. Now he spent his retirement on the bank showing tourists what he could do.

He goes to Deakin University studying accounting and tried so many tricks to pay his HECS fee. Sadly, I think he will be the first guy to go because he is running out of tricks to get crowd's attention. He used to dress like a drag queen before with make up. Then superman suit. Now he just wears a T shirt doing the old plain trick. I had a bet on him to leave the district first among the lot.

She is a funny one. Really expressionless unless you put some coins into her bag. Her make up is incomplete and sloughing off the powdery stuff like human debris. Today she put on a mask! What a change

Busy making ends meet is not so easy in Melbourne.
Views: 1,404
09-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love these street photos, James. I bought a new Sigma 18-125 for just this kind of photography. What lens have you used?
09-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Perth is a cool city and I have plenty of shots in your boutique CBD. Fast Freddy fried fish is my favorite fast food store. At least the fish is fresh on your side of the continent.

The lens used is fa 80-200 and it is the only telephoto zoom I keep these days. I would have sold it if I had not scratched the zoom by accident!
« Lines | Fireleafs »