Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
From big to little, everyone's a photographer
Lens: DA 18-135 ED AL[IF] DC WR Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Toronto ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: RGlasel, 08-31-2018, 02:35 PM

It seems a shame to have only one element in a photograph, here is one photograph with a multitude of elements to even things out. Out of 8 photographers, there is one P&S camera and one DSLR. Why is the smallest photographer the one with the biggest camera? Why is the point and shoot photographer using one hand to hold his sunglasses up when they are on a cord around his neck? Why is the selfie stick photographer not smiling and why isn't he putting the fountains in front of Toronto City Hall in his picture like everyone else? (or is he not taking a selfie?) So many questions and no answers.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 507
08-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like this shot. Lots of fun

Before I even read your text, I'd already noticed the young lad with the biggest camera, and the range of cameras used by everyone else. And I immediately wondered what was so interesting that everyone was so desperate to take a photo.

Kudos to the little guy with the big camera - and to you for capturing the moment
08-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The kid must be thinking... " What's up with all those freaks with their phones"
08-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like this one.

08-31-2018, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
what was so interesting that everyone was so desperate to take a photo.
There were so many stinking tourists on the plaza in front of Toronto City Hall that I couldn't get the fountains in the picture at all. Not even ND filters or composite shooting could pull it off and I wasn't about to start waving a gun around to clear the area (being Toronto, I would end up being shot by a dozen gang members with unregistered guns).

Thanks for all the comments!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
08-31-2018, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rubenr Quote
The kid must be thinking... " What's up with all those freaks with their phones"
Or maybe "I can't wait to be old enough to have a phone too".
08-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
everyone's a photographer
These fountains must put on quite a display... to gain this much interest.

This is the sort of image I always look for, but seldom find, great capture.

08-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I thought it ironic that its the youngest photographer who's the only one using a viewfinder!