Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trial shots K20D
Posted By: danielchtong, 09-20-2008, 06:44 PM

Got K20D just a few days. These were shot Saturday in the local model shots as arranged by the a photo club in Toronto. All done with Sigma 24-60mm. The camera and the lighting thing is entirely new to me . Maybe Peter Sack can comment. No clue what I was doing.

One thing I notice is that the image file is huge even with jpg as I am not shooting raw yet.

Daniel
Views: 2,116
09-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nice shots Daniel... I really like the first one... May have to put that lens on my list... also looks like that K20 holds it own against any camera. [which many have been saying for soemtime!] JIMBO
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #3

Dang!!! My K20D didn't come with nothin' like that!! Really nice shots though!
09-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outofocus Quote
Dang!!! My K20D didn't come with nothin' like that!! Really nice shots though!
Jumbo and outofocus

Thanks for commenting. While at home the best trial shots were done to obliging subject (with 200mmDA) before I headed out

Daniel

09-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done looking forward to more of the same

cheers
09-21-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well done Daniel, as always. Lokking forward to more from you.
09-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow, you had fun with the series. Really classic series. You must be so happy owning the camera

09-21-2008, 05:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, you had fun with the series. Really classic series. You must be so happy owning the camera
Thanks for taking time to comment. Actually this is almost like team work as it involves quite a bit of manpower and difficult to do it alone

Here is a setup of 3 lights simulating a studio setting outdoor. A local camera club did the arrangement and we share the cost

1 light at the back (hidden behind the model)
2 umbrella in front

Daniel
09-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Your camera club works well!

We have one in Melbourne which is so big that it is subdivided into different divisions. Each division will have activity once a month where at least 30 people turn up. But none will host shots like this even with the studio dividision. The models were mainly amateur with little make up. The rented studio were often under-equiped. I had yet visited this group for some time.

It is good to do shots with people you liked rather than strangers...
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Your camera club works well!

We have one in Melbourne which is so big that it is subdivided into different divisions. Each division will have activity once a month where at least 30 people turn up. But none will host shots like this even with the studio dividision. The models were mainly amateur with little make up. The rented studio were often under-equiped. I had yet visited this group for some time.
One thing that you should give suggestion to your studio division. The original setup of this club coud hardly take off ground as there were Canon , Nikon systems competing. And Sony and Pentax users had no part in it at all. Finally there is a solution of solving all these proprietory isolation. Pocketwizard can fire most flashs linked to a pocketwizard receiver.
Instead of Canon or Nikon system, it is decided all should go for a generic system in which Canon/Nikon/Pentax/Sony/Olympus flashes can be fired up . But all setting wil be manual. Once when things are set up we will meter the light and we all set our camera to a manual setting (say i.e. F5.6, iso 200 & 1/80s.....etc) . And we all take turn using the pocketwizard transceivers. Once the proprietory crap is sorted out, things will be straightforward.

We all were learning and had fun which is the key part

Daniel
09-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #11

Nice shots!

I love the close up shots of the kitty, very crisp.
09-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Formula Quote
Nice shots!

I love the close up shots of the kitty, very crisp.

Thanks

A very typical shot of the 200mmF2.8. Even at F6.7, still the depth of field is little. the ear is OOF