Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
11 Likes  #1
Takakkaw Falls , Canada's secon highest waterfall
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: Penatx k5 ii Photo Location: British Columbia, Canada ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: daacon, 09-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Howdy Folks , some may remember me some may not it sure has been a while. I pop in now and again to see what's going on. Sorry to hear about Rupert a while ago. Hope everyone is well. Still getting out when I can, here's one from a few weeks ago. Take care all. Looking to upgrade the Pentax K5 so hope to be back a little more often

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 1,829
09-03-2018, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice picture Dave, I have never been there and now probably want be able to. Glad to see you posting, haven't been around here much neither, until a few weeks ago that is. You took this picture with K5ll and want to upgrade to K5? that must be a typo.

Take care,
09-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice picture Dave, I have never been there and now probably want be able to. Glad to see you posting, haven't been around here much neither, until a few weeks ago that is. You took this picture with K5ll and want to upgrade to K5? that must be a typo.
Take care,
Hey Heinrich nice to hear from you ! This was mid July this year. It has been several years since I was there (last time maybe 2012?). The site is now well marked from the highway and the road is entirely paved now as well. There are a couple of nasty switchback turns , but as long as you don't meet a tour bus on them it's all good. I want to upgrade my Pentax K5 ii to a K3 II. I did get into the Micro 4/3 world as well for travel, but still want to upgrade the DSLR. Man the smoke was bad this year eh ? Did you say you won't be able to ? Hope all is ok.
09-03-2018, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

It's a beautiful place, Yoho National Park, I'm lucky to live under an hour drive away!

Thanks for sharing

09-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
It's a beautiful place, Yoho National Park, I'm lucky to live under an hour drive away!
Thanks for sharing
Thanks Bert love the Golden are been there many times (White water rafting down the ice cold kicking horse) - have not been able to do the lower canyon the last few years (we had actually signed up for the Helicopter ride twice !! ) something about water too high and imminent death
09-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Bert love the Golden are been there many times (White water rafting down the ide colde kicking horse) - have not been able to do the lower canyon the last few years (we had actually signed up for the Helicopter ride twice !! ) something about water too high and imminent death
There's quite a bit of politics involved with the lower canyon as well... one can't continue through from the upper to the lower (it's too dangerous) so access was had to the lower over the CPR at an unmarked crossing, which apparently CPR didn't like and said people can't do that anymore, a great annoyance to kayakers and rafting companies here. (By the by, I can think of more dangerous rail crossings in this area.) That's when the heli rafting came in for a bit but, obviously, it's a tad expensive...

Cheers!
09-03-2018, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
There's quite a bit of politics involved with the lower canyon as well... one can't continue through from the upper to the lower (it's too dangerous) so access was had to the lower over the CPR at an unmarked crossing, which apparently CPR didn't like and said people can't do that anymore, a great annoyance to kayakers and rafting companies here. (By the by, I can think of more dangerous rail crossings in this area.) That's when the heli rafting came in for a bit but, obviously, it's a tad expensive...
Cheers!
Yeah I have crossed that unmarked crossing a half of dozen times before CPR shut it down. Certainly was not very dangerous , more danger on the river. I did follow the politics for a bit. from what I understand there was an agreement to build a new crossing, however I am sure that is not as simple as it sounds and well hope to see it before I quit rafting :-)

09-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
Pentaxian

very nice some fast moving water there !
09-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Glad to see you back posting. I rarely get a chance to post, but I try to look at others when I can.
09-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Howdy Folks , some may remember me some may not it sure has been a while. I pop in now and again to see what's going on. Sorry to hear about Rupert a while ago. Hope everyone is well. Still getting out when I can, here's one from a few weeks ago. Take care all. Looking to upgrade the Pentax K5 so hope to be back a little more often
Very nice!
09-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We don't forget so easily here Dave! (That almost sounds a bit ominous.) Beautiful landscape and capture!
10-31-2018, 08:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Great photo, Dave! Nice to see some familiar names after I wandered back here also..

And wow.. just what a great photograph. Completely magical.

-Dan
11-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done Dave. Really brings out the power behind the power. Thanks so much for posting.

TT
11-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Now there's a familiar face! I took a long absence myself for a while. Great picture of an incredibly powerful looking waterfall!
11-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Nice to see you are still around Dave. Love the waterfall. We were lucky enough to see it on our trip to Alaska in 2011. Amazing amount of water coming over the edge. I lurk the forums too now but rarely post anything anymore. Getting too old and we are traveling quite a bit but I do like to peek at the new photos when I can.