Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
14 Likes  #1
Sunrise above Stair Hole
Lens: Voigtlander 15mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 09-10-2018, 03:00 AM

Sunrise above Stair Hole and Lulworth Cove, in Dorset (UK). It takes a short climb in boggy grounds to get above Stair Hole, but witnessing the sun rising and the landscape revealing itself from the darkness from up there is pure magic. Seeing the smile and the excitement on my Workshop's participants' faces when the sun appeared made the climb 100% worth! Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo 

Views: 1,388
09-10-2018, 03:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Beautiful light and colors! TFS.
Best.
09-10-2018, 04:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Beautiful and nice composition.
09-10-2018, 07:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice.

Seeing it was taken with a Lieca, it makes me wonder if a K-1 wouldn't have given you better shadow detail.

09-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This is just lovely!

Thanks for sharing
09-11-2018, 12:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shush Norm, he's already in trouble for using a Voigtlander lens.

The English coastline will surprise you at times but Scotland is better and wilder of course, very nice shot though.
09-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Victor Quote
Beautiful light and colors! TFS.
Best.
Thank you very much Charlie, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
Beautiful and nice composition.
Thank you very much indeed!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Very nice.

Seeing it was taken with a Lieca, it makes me wonder if a K-1 wouldn't have given you better shadow detail.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

I am totally opposed to that horrible HDR'ish look that is so much in fashion today, and personally I (obviously) find the shadows to have as much detail as they need, seeing that I was shooting against the sun (and with pretty much the sun in the frame). So, the problem - if there is one - is with my vision, not with the camera

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
This is just lovely!

Thanks for sharing
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Shush Norm, he's already in trouble for using a Voigtlander lens.

The English coastline will surprise you at times but Scotland is better and wilder of course, very nice shot though.
Using the Leica SL, with the Voigtlander or with any other lens, is the kind of trouble I love to be in About England vs Scotland, I wouldn't say that either is better: I love Scotland and consider it a second home, after having been working there for almost a decade now; however, I truly love the Southwest of England, and I think that Dorset has amazing landscapes - perhaps less "evident" than Scotland, less "in your face", but landscapes that, if you dedicate them time and passion, will reward you with amazing images. I always go back to Dorset with great pleasure, working there is constantly inspiring. As well, I will add Cornwall and Wales to my Portfolio of destinations soon: to me the SW of England is much underestimated by the masses of photographers today, and I hope to be able to help change that.

Best regards,

Vieri

09-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come to Ireland for real scenery and down to the Kingdom of Kerry, of course there hasn't been a king in Kerry for over a thousand years or so but why worry about minor technicalities, its still called the Kingdom.
09-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Come to Ireland for real scenery and down to the Kingdom of Kerry, of course there hasn't been a king in Kerry for over a thousand years or so but why worry about minor technicalities, its still called the Kingdom.
Ireland is great, being there many times - last time to the Ring of Kerry, though, I have been in fog for the whole drive around - btw, I didn't know that scenery everywhere else wasn't "real" though...

Best regards,

Vieri
09-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Another stunner ! Would make a lovely cover for an adventure novel.
09-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Another stunner ! Would make a lovely cover for an adventure novel.
Thank you very much lesmore, much appreciated indeed! Best regards,

Vieri

P.S. I am open to offers if someone wants to use it s cover for a book!
01-03-2020, 03:32 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Sunrise above Stair Hole and Lulworth Cove, in Dorset (UK). It takes a short climb in boggy grounds to get above Stair Hole, but witnessing the sun rising and the landscape revealing itself from the darkness from up there is pure magic. Seeing the smile and the excitement on my Workshop's participants' faces when the sun appeared made the climb 100% worth! Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Another fantastic one!
01-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #13
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Love the line of the rock walls from the lower right corner straight into the rising sun, with the clouds reversing the flow and the luminance. And the 2 rock arms cradling the boats in the cove. Another one of your beautiful images. Thanks.
01-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Wonderful.
01-04-2020, 06:36 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Would you say your Leica lenses are way better than Pentax 645 FA lenses ?