Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Maybe I should learn...
Posted By: Artymous, 02-25-2007, 09:17 PM

How to take better photos from the *start* This is another save from a bad photo. Hints: Don't shoot in the wrong white balance. Don't leave SR on when the camera is on a tripod.. and don't try and bracket shoot without a cable release or remote when your light isn't all that good.

I was experimenting with a kind of HDR technique for portraiture, which is supposed to eliminate some of the more shadowy areas you can get with bounce flashes.. (if you don't have proper lighting set-ups, etc.). Unfortunately, I just screwed up all around, and Breeanna here ran out of patience with me. heh.

Anyway.. because most of her was motion blurred enough to detract, I just gave it an all-around artistic treatment and hoped for the best. It turned out well enough for my likes.

The full size shot is up in the gallery. You can click on the Gallery Photos link under my user name to the left to go there if you like.
Views: 1,632
02-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
before I got my remote I used to bracket shoot in poor light using the 2 second delay :ugh:
by the way, Nice pic
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
before I got my remote I used to bracket shoot in poor light using the 2 second delay :ugh:
by the way, Nice pic
Yah.. but bracket shooting in 2-sec is *not* conducive to a 9 year old trying to sit stock still for you. I tried that. lol