Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Two happy warriors
Lens: Pentax-FA 77mm Camera: Pentax K5iis Photo Location: Washington DC ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/5000s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: kernos, 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM

From this springs rally against gun violence reworked as black and white. I'm really not happy the way this is portrayed as compared to the image on Flickr. Click if you want to compare.

Views: 624
09-28-2018, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Music a camera what more do you need.
09-28-2018, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kernos Quote
I'm really not happy the way this is portrayed as compared to the image on Flickr.
Is it the default white background on the forum? Try the style selector on the bottom left.
09-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Is it the default white background on the forum? Try the style selector on the bottom left.
I wish that were the issue. Look at the beard hair on this view and then flickr. There is considerable more detail and contrast on flickr. I used a large image for the bbc code, perhaps I should have gone bigger.

09-29-2018, 04:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kernos Quote
Look at the beard hair on this view and then flickr.
I can see nothing wrong here. You linked the 1024x678 pixel flickr image. When I follow the link, the default zoom renders a 1600x1059 sized image for me, which naturally has more details - with the dynamic zoom switching to an even more detailed 2048x1356 rendition. The scaled down versions look OK to me, contrast-wise I can't see a difference, and reasonable post-resize sharpening seems to have happened as well. Histograms look identical, except for the "smoothing" effect for the smaller size due to interpolation. The white vs. black background does make a big difference in appearance with respect to contrast.

In all sizes, a great picture!