Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Hummingbirds
Lens: DA*300 Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: My yard - SW Ohio 
Posted By: Bud, 09-29-2018, 08:22 PM

I'm still shooting with my trusty K-5 IIs and DA*300... and still obsessed with hummingbirds and nectar plants that attract them

The following Ruby-Throated Hummingbird images are all from this summer. Shots with blooms are identified by the plant name.

Tithonia rotundifolia 'Mexican Sunflower'
1/2000s f/6.3 at 300.0mm iso640


Zinnia elegans
1/1600s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1250


Justicia brandegeana 'Shrimp Plant'
1/2000s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1600


Stachytarpheta mutabilis var. violacea - 'Purple Porterweed'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso2000


Salvia gachantivana 'Cundinamarca Sage'
1/1250s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso320 (Pentax 540 flash for fill)


Salvia cuatrecasana x guaranitica 'Elk Magenta'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso800


Salvia gauranitica 'Blue Ensign'
1/2000s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso1600


Iochroma cyanea 'Royal Queen Purple'
1/2000s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso2000


Lonicera sempervirens 'Dropmore Scarlet' honeysuckle
1/1600s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso2000


Cuphea 'Vermillionaire' - one of the many 'Cigar Plant' hybrids
1/2000s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1250


Cuphea 'David Verity'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso640


Silene regia 'Royal Catchfly'
1/2000s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso1600


A recent migrating immature male stretching
1/800s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso1600


Thanks for lookin'!

Bud

Bud - Southwest Ohio
http://www.pbase.com/budohio/galleries
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/budhensley
http://www.modelmayhem.com/1739778

https://www.facebook.com/Bud.Hensley.Photography

Last edited by Bud; 09-29-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Views: 825
09-30-2018, 12:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,589
A very awesome series. Really beautiful work. Thanks so much for posting.

TT
09-30-2018, 02:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member
cupic's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia-NSW
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,818
Bud a fantastico series of Gems

TFS
Cheers
09-30-2018, 03:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,652
There is a lot to absorb in your upload .thanks for sending .

09-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 127
QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
I'm still shooting with my trusty K-5 IIs and DA*300... and still obsessed with hummingbirds and nectar plants that attract them

The following Ruby-Throated Hummingbird images are all from this summer. Shots with blooms are identified by the plant name.

Tithonia rotundifolia 'Mexican Sunflower'
1/2000s f/6.3 at 300.0mm iso640


Zinnia elegans
1/1600s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1250


Justicia brandegeana 'Shrimp Plant'
1/2000s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1600


Stachytarpheta mutabilis var. violacea - 'Purple Porterweed'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso2000


Salvia gachantivana 'Cundinamarca Sage'
1/1250s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso320 (Pentax 540 flash for fill)


Salvia cuatrecasana x guaranitica 'Elk Magenta'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso800


Salvia gauranitica 'Blue Ensign'
1/2000s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso1600


Iochroma cyanea 'Royal Queen Purple'
1/2000s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso2000


Lonicera sempervirens 'Dropmore Scarlet' honeysuckle
1/1600s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso2000


Cuphea 'Vermillionaire' - one of the many 'Cigar Plant' hybrids
1/2000s f/4.0 at 300.0mm iso1250


Cuphea 'David Verity'
1/2000s f/5.0 at 300.0mm iso640


Silene regia 'Royal Catchfly'
1/2000s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso1600


A recent migrating immature male stretching
1/800s f/7.1 at 300.0mm iso1600


Thanks for lookin'!

Bud

Bud - Southwest Ohio
Bud Hensley's Photo Galleries at pbase.com
PENTAX : PENTAX Photo Gallery artist page
BHenz Photography, Photographer, Middletown, Ohio, US

Bud's Hummingbird Photography Page - Home | Facebook
Inspiring series. Thank you!
09-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
foxandcrow's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,946
Wonderful series.
09-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mauri's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bain's Vlei, FS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 40
Wonderful pictures! Does one really need anything better than the K5II?
09-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oak Lawn IL.
Posts: 119
Super series!. Thank you

10-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
Bud
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,699
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A very awesome series. Really beautiful work. Thanks so much for posting.

TT
Thank you!

---------- Post added 10-01-18 at 10:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Bud a fantastico series of Gems

TFS
Cheers
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
There is a lot to absorb in your upload .thanks for sending .
QuoteOriginally posted by Andy123 Quote
Inspiring series. Thank you!
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Wonderful series.
QuoteOriginally posted by mauritsvw Quote
Wonderful pictures! Does one really need anything better than the K5II?
I ask myself that question every time a new model comes out... the answer is always the same

QuoteOriginally posted by grzesiek Quote
Super series!. Thank you
Thanks for the comments!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, f/4.0, f/5.6, hummingbird, iso1600, photo, plant, salvia, series, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Hummingbirds at Inks Dam State Park in Texas skolkmeier Post Your Photos! 4 08-12-2018 05:31 AM
Macro A wasp in the Hummingbirds feeder. Gros Loup Post Your Photos! 6 07-21-2018 04:05 PM
Nature Hummingbirds markvc Post Your Photos! 6 07-17-2018 09:10 AM
Nature Hummingbirds Bud Post Your Photos! 10 07-08-2017 12:18 PM
Nature Colombian Hummingbirds er1kksen Post Your Photos! 8 01-29-2010 03:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top