Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
77 Marquis
Posted By: bhbrake, 10-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Finally got around to doing a photo shoot with my '77. It was a nice sunrise and I had a freshly paved parking lot at work.

mods: forgot to set the category- please move this out of Abstract. Sorry!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
K-3  Photo 

Views: 638
10-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
We don't have a category for "most awesome vehicle ever" so I just set it for Machinery, if that's okay with you.

I had a 97 Mercury Grand Marquis LS but it's in the grave yard now.
Machinery is great, as that is the category I use for cars on 500px!

My family has a sick devotion to Grand Marquis. My daily is a 2005 white Marquis. Dad: 2007 Marquis,blue with brougham top like 30 year newer version of mine, also a 2003 with towing gears at his vacation home- does burnouts, but bad fuel economy! Sister: 2008 Marquis. Older brother: 2010 Silver Marquis. My mom had a 1990 Marquis when I was in grade school.
I would guess my family has owned at least 20 incarnations of Marquis and Caprices over the last 30 years. My 2005 only has 85k on it and I drive about 10k a year right now, so my 8 year old son will likely get it with less than 200k on the ODO when he turns 16 if they haven't forced us into self-driving cars by then! It probably won't have any paint left at that point.. stupid primer bonding problem.

10-08-2018, 04:01 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Grand Marquis had that primer bonding problem too but I loved that car. It had 108,000 original miles on it. Had 98,xxx when I bought it. It originally belonged to my sister, who sold it to my nephew, who sold it to me. Nephew's wife and kids did a lot of damage to it when they had it. I fixed most of what they broke but it had a gear shift problem I couldn't get fixed, and I still drove it that way for the years I owned it. I moved to Jacksonville to stay with my granddaughter for a while taking the care with me, then decided to move back home, driving it out of Jacksonville, it quit running on I-95 and couldn't get it started again. Had it towed back to granddaughters. Cost too much to have it towed home, some 90 miles south. I sold it to her. She junked it. Sad day for me. I really liked that car.
10-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My friend's father owned a mid-1970's Marquis, brown in color.
It had an enormous trunk in which he kept many personal items,
including two Nikon F2 cameras and a selection of Nikkor lenses.

I thought it risky to keep them there; property crime was high then.
Despite being parked on the street the car was never broken into.

Chris