Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10 Likes  
Makena Beach Sunset
Posted By: ToddK, 10-07-2018, 02:33 PM

This photo was taken a few years ago from the Makena Beach Resort on Maui. I don't believe the place is still in operation. The tiny island is Molokini Crater.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 2,790
11-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I recently went to Oahu and took four lenses, DA16-85 (my replacement for the 18-55), DA*60-250, D35mm limited macro, and DFA 100mm macro. I actually used the 60-250 quite a bit because I found places with seals and albatross as well as some surfer photos. I also went to a botanical garden that I used the two macros. Of course by far I used the 16-85 the most. Maui is similar depending on where you go on the island. Make sure that you drive to Kaanapali and beyond that is Kapalua which is really a nice part of the island. I have been to Maui a few times and never made it to the summit.

---------- Post added 11-01-19 at 05:18 AM ----------

Thanks manishved!
Good to know, Todd, thanks. The wife is doing a conference there, and we’ve got two full days on our own after. We may head upwards for one, and up around West Maui loop for the other. We will definitely stay flexible with things.

11-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot, I like seeing good work with the 18-55, it's not that bad of a lens, especially for the price.
11-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I am glad you like it and hopefully you can get away to a warmer climate for a break at some point this winter.
Thanks Todd! Normally I don't mind a bit of cold weather but I just experienced flying with breakneck speed up front on a fast boat (175 hps Yamaha) over lakes and canals and I was not exactly prepared for that. Your picture was a sight for sore eyes!
11-01-2019, 02:46 PM   #34

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic photo, love the sky.

11-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #35
Pentaxian

beautiful can beam me there anytime
11-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Good to know, Todd, thanks. The wife is doing a conference there, and we’ve got two full days on our own after. We may head upwards for one, and up around West Maui loop for the other. We will definitely stay flexible with things.
I am sure that you will have a great time there Jim!
QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
Nice shot, I like seeing good work with the 18-55, it's not that bad of a lens, especially for the price.
I used the lens for several years and never thought of replacing it until I started looking at the K-3II. It did a good job for me.
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I just experienced flying with breakneck speed up front on a fast boat (175 hps Yamaha) over lakes and canals and I was not exactly prepared for that.
Wow, that sounds exciting, but obviously very cold!
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaladran Quote
Fantastic photo, love the sky.
Thanks so much for the comment!
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
beautiful can beam me there anytime
Thanks Outlander! I hope to get back that way one of these days.