Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
One Lens Challenge, Tamron Adaptall 135mm
Lens: Tamron Adaptall 135 F2.8 Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: V & A Museum, London 
Posted By: mcgregni, 10-13-2018, 11:58 AM

I still enjoy that age-old challenge of photographers, to take only one prime lens out and try to "work" a location with it. You know, the old "zoom with your feet" thing! Also If I'm trying to squeeze some photography in around work then there is the added advantage that I can tuck the camera and one lens into my work bag, no need to carry a camera bag on the trains as well.

Last week it was the Tamron Adaptall 135mm F2.8 (the version from around 1974) that I put up to the challenge, at the V & A Museum, London (mainly around the new Exhibition Road entrance). This lens is always fun to work with, as when set to its auto-aperture setting it functions as a K or M type, so green button metering all the way ......

The Exhibition Road entrance is an extreme mixture of old and new, modern and classic in design styles .... so much variety in such a small area....

All with the Pentax K7, gripped, most at f2.8 or F5.6, ISO 200-800 .....

1. On the way along Exhibition Road

2. The entrance to the museum, Sackler Courtyard (the modern)

3. The Classic

4. The Modern again

5. A Mixture ....

6. One for the Visitors

7. The Visitor

8. A Portrait .... or is it a selfie? Who's the subject ...

Thanks for your interest and any responses that come to mind ..... Nigel
Views: 296
10-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see why your hanging on to that Tamron lens , Sharp , I love every shot !
10-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, yes it's a keeper all right. It is a highly versatile lens with an Auto/Manual aperture switch. I use it in Manual with basic (no contact) extension tubes and it becomes a poor mans macro then!
11-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A nice set of shots. Well done.

11-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you very much ....I had lost all hope! I'm glad you saw the photos, much appreciated
11-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I still enjoy that age-old challenge of photographers, to take only one prime lens out and try to "work" a location with it. You know, the old "zoom with your feet" thing! Also If I'm trying to squeeze some photography in around work then there is the added advantage that I can tuck the camera and one lens into my work bag, no need to carry a camera bag on the trains as well.

Last week it was the Tamron Adaptall 135mm F2.8 (the version from around 1974) that I put up to the challenge, at the V & A Museum, London (mainly around the new Exhibition Road entrance). This lens is always fun to work with, as when set to its auto-aperture setting it functions as a K or M type, so green button metering all the way ......
My personal style has evolved to using much wider lenses, but you certainly did make good use of this one.
11-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you, I'm pleased you saw them!