Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Mount Teide volcano, Tenerife, Canary Islands
Lens: Samyang 14mm f2.8 Camera: K30 Photo Location: Tenerife ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: nocturnal, 10-14-2018, 10:14 PM

This was taken from outside my hotel from a holiday in January 2016. This place is one of the best places to stay in Tenerife, it is expensive and I only spent one night there. The hotel sits in the volcano crater over 6000ft altitude, it is a caldera volcano and you can see the volcano peak rising to more than 11,000ft. Tiede is the 3rd highest volcano on Earth when measured from the sea floor.

Earlier that day I took the cable car up to near the summit then hiked it to the peak. It was 2 degrees Celsius at the peak and 24 Celsius at sea-level. I only had my film camera with me for the summit.

The hotel manager turned out all the lights for me for my photography in which I stayed up until dawn.

Not being American I don't use the word awesome, but this was an awesome place to stay. The Canary Islands are situated off the North West coast of Africa and quite inexpensive for me in Ireland to fly to.

The full resolution photo is very revealing but you can still spot the galaxy amongst the stars.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 441
10-15-2018, 03:24 AM   #2

awesome!!!
10-22-2018, 12:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reynb Quote
awesome!!!
I'm not sure what happened to my photo but what I uploaded had the darks and shadows raised to reveal detail in the landscape and the hotel (albeit with quite significant noise).

I am perplexed!!!!!!!

Edit: I uploaded it via my laptop and viewing here on my tablet, seems to be some anamoly.
10-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Dramatic shot! I can't really see a hotel, Nocturnal. Make sure your laptop has its colours and gamma calibrated, and do the final edit and output as sRGB rather than Adobe or some other colourspace.

10-23-2018, 01:33 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Dramatic shot! I can't really see a hotel, Nocturnal. Make sure your laptop has its colours and gamma calibrated, and do the final edit and output as sRGB rather than Adobe or some other colourspace.
I'll try and replace the photo sometime. The whole purpose of this was showing what a great place it is to stay, it even hasa fancy restaurant although this is not really my thing, it is all about where it is.