Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Beautiful Red Rose.
Lens: Takumar F 70~200mm Lens Camera: Pentax k-50 Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Tonytee, 10-17-2018, 10:01 PM

Focal Length 200mm, Manual Exposure Mode, Used Built-in Flash and Multi-Segment Metering.

A real delight to find such a lovely flower still alive this time of year.

Thanks for viewing.

TT
Views: 565
10-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to say it, Tony, but I think your red flowers come out better when shot with your Pentax cameras than when shot with your Canon or your Nikon cameras. This is truly a Pentax red, flower/rose and a lovely shot. TFS.
10-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice indeed
10-18-2018, 02:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I have to say it, Tony, but I think your red flowers come out better when shot with your Pentax cameras than when shot with your Canon or your Nikon cameras. This is truly a Pentax red, flower/rose and a lovely shot. TFS.
Well, my goodness. I sincerely hope you will accept my deep appreciation for your commentary. I am down now to only the k-50 since my k100d super gave up the ghost earlier this week. Turns out somehow the circuits were fried and could not get any life out of it at all. It had less than 4,000 shutter actuations. Part of the aging process. Like me. (

Once again, many thanks,

TT

---------- Post added 10-18-18 at 02:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very nice indeed
Many thanks, EM. Greatly appreciated.

TT

10-18-2018, 04:15 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well, my goodness. I sincerely hope you will accept my deep appreciation for your commentary. I am down now to only the k-50 since my k100d super gave up the ghost earlier this week. Turns out somehow the circuits were fried and could not get any life out of it at all. It had less than 4,000 shutter actuations. Part of the aging process. Like me. (Once again, many thanks,TT
My first digital was a K100D had more acutations on it than yours did, my next was a K-x and I still have it. I sold the K100D to fund the K-x. I know own also a K-5, a K-30 and a K-50. You see, I'm a Pentaxian diehard. I started in photography with a Pentax K1000, then had several other Pentax film cameras and when I joined here, I was still using a Pentax film camera. But none of my cameras died due to age. I had a black K-30 that had the ABF, but I slipped in the AA battery adapter and continued to use it, until I gave it to my daughter a year later who also continues to use it. Oh, and I had a K-10D I gave to my granddaughter.

I've never shot Nikon or Canon, but have seen photos taken with them and Sir, I prefer my photos taken with my Pentax camera over the ones taken with those other cameras.
10-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
My first digital was a K100D had more acutations on it than yours did, my next was a K-x and I still have it. I sold the K100D to fund the K-x. I know own also a K-5, a K-30 and a K-50. You see, I'm a Pentaxian diehard. I started in photography with a Pentax K1000, then had several other Pentax film cameras and when I joined here, I was still using a Pentax film camera. But none of my cameras died due to age. I had a black K-30 that had the ABF, but I slipped in the AA battery adapter and continued to use it, until I gave it to my daughter a year later who also continues to use it. Oh, and I had a K-10D I gave to my granddaughter.

I've never shot Nikon or Canon, but have seen photos taken with them and Sir, I prefer my photos taken with my Pentax camera over the ones taken with those other cameras.
I totally agree. I do believe Pentax does an excellent job for the money. I am in the market now for another k100d super. Happen to have an extra one on you? )

TT
10-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I am in the market now for another k100d super. Happen to have an extra one on you? )
Nope, and if I did, I'd probably give it to my other granddaughter. Not really, I'm on the look out for a K-5 or another K-30 for her, for her Christmas present. She's been into photography since high school. In fact, I sent her, her first Pentax when she was taking photography classes then. If I can get her one by then, we'll be a Pentax family.