Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Family
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Enfield, CT 
Posted By: Sailor, 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM

Here's an impromptu photo of my son-in-law, daughter and 5-month-old granddaughter, Piper, that I shot a little over a week ago during our third trip to Connecticut since Piper was born.

Jer


Views: 174
10-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 5,019
Great candid photo of the family. Wonderful look on your granddaughter's face that you captured so well. Everybody is relaxed, not aware that the photograph has been taken. Perfect...in my view.

BTW, I have found that our 9 month old grandson insists on looking at my camera monitor to see the photograph, just taken.

This picture you have taken... are the pictures, I think, that will be kept and looked at by family members through the generations. I try to do the same thing, no flash, high ISO with my K1/K5 and 40, 70 Limiteds...0r 50 'Normal' F 1.4 or 50 Macro F 2.8...F stops around F2 to F 2.8. I have avoided the flash lately, since our grandson was born, as people tend to 'wince' of if they know it's coming..stiffen up and pose. I'm also taking many more informal portraits in B+W.

We've visited our newest family member twice in the past 9 months and they came to our place for a nice stay once. We live a significant distance..a couple of provinces away.
10-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GeoJerry's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,951
One of those timeless shots.... As lesmore says, destined to be an heirloom. And I like your choice of B&W.
10-20-2018, 03:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
volley's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,610
I'm sure they love that shot!
Excellent job, my friend.

10-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,074
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great candid photo of the family. Wonderful look on your granddaughter's face that you captured so well. Everybody is relaxed, not aware that the photograph has been taken. Perfect...in my view.

BTW, I have found that our 9 month old grandson insists on looking at my camera monitor to see the photograph, just taken.

This picture you have taken... are the pictures, I think, that will be kept and looked at by family members through the generations. I try to do the same thing, no flash, high ISO with my K1/K5 and 40, 70 Limiteds...0r 50 'Normal' F 1.4 or 50 Macro F 2.8...F stops around F2 to F 2.8. I have avoided the flash lately, since our grandson was born, as people tend to 'wince' of if they know it's coming..stiffen up and pose. I'm also taking many more informal portraits in B+W.

We've visited our newest family member twice in the past 9 months and they came to our place for a nice stay once. We live a significant distance..a couple of provinces away.
Thanks, Les, for the kind words and thoughtful comments!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
One of those timeless shots.... As lesmore says, destined to be an heirloom. And I like your choice of B&W.
Thanks much, Jerry.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
I'm sure they love that shot!
Excellent job, my friend.
Hey Buddy! I appreciate your nice words.

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, piper
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature A Family Portrait. Tonytee Post Your Photos! 2 07-01-2017 03:59 PM
Nature Osprey Family wtlwdwgn Post Your Photos! 6 07-01-2017 03:02 PM
Happy Young Family rosserx Monthly Photo Contests 4 01-09-2017 08:30 AM
Is this the Danish Royal Family, The Addams Family or perhaps The Omen? MRRiley General Talk 13 11-28-2013 10:06 AM
Large family (25+) and Single Family recommendations Barthros Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 10-04-2013 10:05 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top