Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
More Orangutans - Borneo
Lens: 55-300 Camera: Pentax K3II Photo Location: Borneo 
Posted By: sealonsf, 10-19-2018, 10:02 AM

Paraphrasing a conversation I had with my husband about taking photos: Him: "How many photos of zebras do you need?" Me: "As many as it takes." The same could be said of our recent trip to see orangutans in Indonesia. I just can't get enough. Here are a few from Tanjung Puting National Park in Borneo. The orangutans are fed at three different stations so tourists can see them up close. It's not an ideal situation but there are a lot of things not exactly ideal about the plight of orangutans. Hope you enjoy seeing these.

1. I love this photo because I noticed that orangutans rarely really look you in the eyes. They will glance at you but usually look away. I think this one thought he was well hid so could take a good look.

2. Waiting to be fed...

3. Bananas

4. Bananas

6. Taking it easy.

8. Another of my favorites - baby peeking out from under its mom. (Just noticed I need to crop the top of this photo...)

Views: 841
10-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice. Thanks for sharing
10-20-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
love nr 6