Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Orion and the Running Man
Lens: Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: My Colorado Backyard ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 10-21-2018, 12:49 PM

I woke up this morning at 5 am to shoot Orion. Here is a 9 shot stack using 40 second exposures and an old Soviet Tair 3 300mm lens. I am using a Pentax K-1 and the Astrotracer feature.

This is getting fun! I need to take the time and shoot many more images so I can get cleaner, more detailed results.

Views: 268
10-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a good starting point. About 40 years ago I shot the Orion nebula in B&W with the EXA SLR that I had then and a Bushnell Spacemaster telescope with the set up taped to a projector stand (very crude set up!). I was developing my own B&W then. I seem to recall that I was impressed with the result at the time. I must see if I can locate it. Unfortunately, that is where my experimenting with astro stopped. But every time someone puts up a shot like your I promise myself I will start again. Thanks for the encouragement.
10-22-2018, 12:50 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Very imptessive use of an old lens and new camera to get a great photo so very well done! 😀