Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Sunset at Glassillaun beach, County Galway, West of Ireland
Lens: Pentax HD DA 15mm f4 Camera: K30 Photo Location: Ireland 
Posted By: nocturnal, 10-22-2018, 12:42 AM

Connemara is a landscape photographer's paradise. It is a remote part of Ireland and a dark sky area for astrophotography too.

Beyond the islands in the background is nothing but the Atlantic Ocean.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 1,076
10-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
Connemara is a landscape photographer's paradise. It is a remote part of Ireland and a dark sky area for astrophotography too.

This is a lovely scene, with the colors and variations in textures.
10-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice.
10-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice sea scape, thanks for posting it.

10-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great image, love those silhouetted islets!
10-24-2018, 12:39 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Absolutely beautiful!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2018, 02:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all. I have a few more to post from this holiday, it was a nice birthing for the HD DA15 which I bought just before the trip. I was very lucky with the weather as it is usually overcast and raining in Ireland.

This is a 5 hour drive from my home which seems a massive distance when you live in a small country.

10-24-2018, 03:12 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gosh, that is just one beautiful land/seascape. Awesome photography.

TT
10-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like a stunning piece of coast.
10-25-2018, 03:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Looks like a stunning piece of coast.
It really is, unfortunately I live on the East coast. I want to live on the West coast and have this at my doorstep. Most of the wild atlantic way still resembles 'old' Ireland but in the rest of Ireland the culture is destroyed with globalisation and materialism (internet phones, cars, greed, money etc.)

Wild Atlantic Way - Ireland's spectacular coastal route
10-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It really is, unfortunately I live on the East coast. I want to live on the West coast and have this at my doorstep. Most of the wild atlantic way still resembles 'old' Ireland but in the rest of Ireland the culture is destroyed with globalisation and materialism (internet phones, cars, greed, money etc.)

Wild Atlantic Way - Ireland's spectacular coastal route
Thanks for the link! More than 25 years ago I've been to the area near Galway as a student for a really short time. So in real life I only caught a glimpse of what that coast has to offer. And I kind of get what you mean. I live in a very crowded and small country. Much of the coast is either used for commercial ends and the need to protect the low lands from the sea makes an natural transition from land to sea sometimes quite rare. Luckily I live in on of the least populated provinces with still lots of natural beauty remaining: Wadden Sea - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
10-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Thanks for the link! More than 25 years ago I've been to the area near Galway as a student for a really short time. So in real life I only caught a glimpse of what that coast has to offer. And I kind of get what you mean. I live in a very crowded and small country. Much of the coast is either used for commercial ends and the need to protect the low lands from the sea makes an natural transition from land to sea sometimes quite rare. Luckily I live in on of the least populated provinces with still lots of natural beauty remaining: Wadden Sea - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
Cool !!! Galway was a nice city to party in, not too mad and long before the drug culture which is seemingly gripping the entire world.

I've been to Holland 4 times and love it. Most times to watch pro bicycle races with a holiday thrown in. I'm very fond of the Dutch people and always avoided the tourists and mixed with the locals. Some beautiful photos you have there.